The Great Wall of China

The Great Wall of China
Feel free to leave a message (click on 'Comments' at the bottom of each Blog)

Saturday 9 October 2010

A new addition to the Smallwood family!

My brother will probably read this and think that he's an uncle again ... but don't worry, I won't be looking for babysitters any time soon! The 10,000 mile return trip to China in March made me think about all the carbon emissions, so I went online ( http://www.carbonfootprint.com/ ) to find my personal carbon foortprint over the year.

With significant travel being a major part of my job, and including all personal and business elements, I will create a frightening 20 tonnes of CO2 in the next 12 months!

So, to ease my conscience help save the planet, I have paid for a new 'Small Wood' (get it? I can hear the groans!!) to be planted in the North West of England.

These 21 British broad leaf trees will offset my carbon emissions for life, and provide new habitat for wildlife.

As the song by the late, great James Brown goes, I feel good!

Back to the challenge, it's been a good week, with another six people now coming on the first training walk, and hopefully joining me in taking on the Cloud Seven challenge next March. Welcome to all - Paul Jarrott, Andy Davies, Rowena Moore, Janet Farrell, Nicola Ward and Mike Abercrombie...... and there's still room for more!!

Sadly, I think I mis-timed the Krypton Factor challenge, as a number of people are on leave on 12th November, so the event will be re-scheduled (and maybe amended to make participation a bit easier!)

No comments: