The Great Wall of China

The Great Wall of China
Feel free to leave a message (click on 'Comments' at the bottom of each Blog)

Monday 29 November 2010

Seven IS my lucky number

My application to walk the Great Wall of China - one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, was accepted on the basis of my fundraising effort "Seven Steps to China". Since then, everything seems to have revolved around the number 7.

7 Years with Elior, 7 Challenges in 7 Months, 7 Training Walks, Cloud 7 Challenge, 7 Thousand ft ascent, 7 (Chinese) Wispas Promotion, and next year's 007 Competition...... etc.

So imagine my delight when I went to Old Trafford on Saturday to watch Manchester United play Blackburn Rovers, and see the Reds put 7 goals past the bemused visitors! YES!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Earlier in the week I joined fellow trekkers at another Springboard meeting in London. I had offered to host the event at Waterstones in Piccadilly Circus, one of Elior's most successful venues. The fifth floor of Waterstones bookstore comprises a restaurant - '5th View', a bar and cocktail bar. It's well worth a visit! http://www.5thview.co.uk/
The Elior team at Waterstones looked after us really well, and the tasty food went down a treat! As for the meeting - everyone is getting excited about the challenge, however the realisation that we still have a lot of money to raise is keeping us 'focussed'.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

While I was going through 'My Pictures' on my PC last week, I realised that I have a huge amount of older photographs in albums and boxes, so when I saw a nifty litttle scanner in Costco today, I bought it. Although the resolution isn't huge, it's very fast and convenient, so I'll be digitising my collection in my spare time - if I get any! In the meantime, and ending on the theme I started with, here are some scans from a Charity Challenge I completed in 1993 - Seven Challenges in Seven Days, which raised £3,500 for Christie's. Mind you, I was fitter, slimmer and less 'follically challenged' then!

No comments: