The Great Wall of China

The Great Wall of China
Feel free to leave a message (click on 'Comments' at the bottom of each Blog)

Sunday 23 January 2011

Black, Blue, Bruised?

The seventh consecutive day of skiing, and looking forward to a 'day off' tomorrow, believe it or not.

As it's the weekend (busy, with all the locals hitting the slopes), I thought it best to try out the third ski area surrounding Banff - Norquay. Although smaller and quieter than the others, this is reputed to be the toughest. Someone said "The only reason they classify any runs as 'blue' at Norquay is because if they didn't, no-one would visit". They weren't wrong! These are the steepest, iciest slopes I've ever skii'd, and both Christine & I have the bruises to prove it. It was still a great day's skiing, though!

 This is my uneaten Mars Bar from my backpack, which shows the battering of the day quite well. It's coming back to the UK for a very special person, who loved them like this!

Although the skiing was tough, the scenery was stunning....

... so I think I deserved my pint of 'Canadian' at the end of the day!

We even managed to get a couple of Elk on film on the way back to Banff. All in all, a great day... now, I'm off to soak my bruised body in a hot bath!

No comments: