The Great Wall of China

The Great Wall of China
Feel free to leave a message (click on 'Comments' at the bottom of each Blog)

Saturday 29 January 2011

Bring me Sunshine...

For our last day of skiing, we decided to go back to Sunshine Village, which almost lived up to it's name in the morning.

This lift is called the 'Continental Divide'. In the space of 5 minutes, it goes from Alberta into British Columbia, and back into Alberta!

From the top of this lift, you can tackle 'Delirium Dive'. Unfortunately?! this run has been closed for the last 2 weeks because of the avalanche risk - but I don't think it would be for me anyway!!! (starts from the blue arrow)

As the day progressed, the snow came in. As at the time of writing, it's been snowing heavily for 10 hours, with no signs of letting up.

Just about to hit the last few runs of the day here - it still amazes me the distances you can cover on a pair of 'planks'!

So, after 2 amazing weeks skiing in the Banff region, my favourite photo is....... the view from Lookout Mountain in Sunshine, after a big dump of powder. This will be on my desktop for quite some time!

No comments: